FIVE WAYS REFLEXOLOGY CAN IMPROVE YOUR WELLBEING
Posted on Nov 15, 2023
In Bali, spirituality and holistic practices have long been engrained into our culture. For our friends across the globe who feel in need of rest, relaxation and a feel-good boost, Hanging Gardens of Bali welcome you to our luxurious spa in Bali. Located deep in jungle of Ubud, the complete privacy combined with rejuvenating natural surroundings are the perfect remedies for any stressed out soul.
Amongst our selection of therapies, the ancient art of reflexology is one of our more popular treatments to take place by the tumbling Ayung River. Using massage type movements, points on the hands and feet that represent different parts of the body are stimulated, in order to relieve tension and treat illness. Read on as we list the top 5 reasons why this traditional method can help to improve your wellbeing.
- Flush out toxins – Reflexology stimulates circulation of the blood and lymph nodes in order to encourage optimum bodily function. This is great for two reasons, as it increases levels of energy whilst also flushing out toxins to relieve any sluggish feelings.
- Boost the immune system – Once these toxins are flushed out of your body, it is common to experience slight symptoms of illness such as a runny nose or a headache. This is part of the healing process, and many believe that this reaction is the body ridding itself of any up coming illness it was about to encounter.
- Promote better sleep – Overall, reflexology is a relaxing experience, and similar to a traditional massage, it can help those suffering from poor sleep patterns. In fact, many people often fall asleep during the treatment itself!
- Reduce recovery time from injury – For athletes, or those suffering from injury, reflexology could be the key to recovering faster. It can remove lactic acid from the legs, but more importantly, can increase blood flow to any injured area. This helps the body to naturally heal itself, at a much quicker rate.
- Make you happy! – Even those who do not believe the theory behind reflexology can benefit from trying it out, as with each touch and application of pressure, endorphins are release to make you feel relaxed and happy.
Whether you have never tried reflexology before, or you are a fan of this ancient massage style, what better way to experience the holistic benefits of this traditional treatment, than surrounded by serenity at the Hanging Gardens of Bali?